That Girl's Not Right In The Brain

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Sarah's Future United, AKA SFU

This past Friday my wonderful high school had a professional development day, AKA a weekday in which Sarah gets to sleep in--- well kind of. Generally as a rule, that would be the case, however, this past Friday I had an appointment with an academic adviser up the wonderfully beautiful Simon Fraser University. After driving in rush hour for traffic for about an hour in fifteen minutes I paid $9.75 for parking for three hours and thus begun my adventure in finding Student Central. After asking a parking attendant and a really nice man I ended up standing outside of a glass sliding door for 15 minutes until i built up the courage to go inside.

I met with a academic adviser, who then bumped me over to an admissions adviser who gave me an extra month to complete my English Literature 12 course. She then bumped me over to the front desk where I met a fourth year English Lit major who gave me a tour of the campus. And thus, I get to the point of this entry. I think I'm going to love it there. It's such a great learning environment. The stone building is so beautiful, and there are so many different pathways to get places. It's so easy to get lost.

I think I want to move to Burnaby and just surround myself in the SFU life style. Quit my job at Black Bond and move into Jessie's grandparent's basement and get a Work Study job on campus. I just want to cut all ties I have and surround myself with university. But there is one thing that I don't think I could ever leave.... CLA. I am way to attached to the church community, and it would brake my heart to leave Revolution.

I'm going to pray about it...because God always has a plan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home